Soy Works Candle Company is an Internet based store with our studio located in Montana.
Contact via e-mail; hello @ soyworkscandles .com
Customer Service Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
*Closed all holidays including the Monday and/or Friday before or after, i.e. the Friday after Thanksgiving.
I’ve been asked several times how we started and “just how big of a company are you?” I typically grin and say, “Big enough to do the job and small enough to love doing it.” I don’t know if that satisfies their question or raises more.
We specialize in hand made products made with high quality ingredients that are good for the body & home as well as the environment. Our products are made from eco-friendly raw ingredients and packaged in post consumer recycled materials or in materials that can be recycled. We are slowly introducing pre-fabricated items but our handmade creations are still the main focus.
In 2000 I decided to finally turn our love of crafting and peddling our creations at craft shows into a on-line business. I was doing more and more of my shopping online and knew this would be the way to reach a new market. On a shoe-string I launched Heather’s. About a year later I added Soy Works Candle Company™ to the mix. Over the past years it has been an interesting venture and I love the personal touch of keeping everything relatively small. I am able to exchange emails and calls with my customers and share how they use our items. I also love being able to help out in a pinch when that desperate e-mail comes in for a last minute gift or candles needed for a party in two days!
In the summer of 2007 we began building a new studio to house our business. The photo shows day 4 of the build as we got ready for the fall ordering season. We moved in to the new studio in November of the same year. This new building enables us to process orders faster as each type of item has it’s own work space instead of sharing work areas like before. This in turn gets the orders into the hands of our shippers quicker and ultimately to your door without any compromise in quality. We are also turning our shipping to primarily one shipping company; USPS Priority & Standard Mail as they have shown the most consistency with packaging handling and almost no delays in service.
We hope you enjoy our products and please feel free to drop us a line at any time with a question, comment or whatever comes to mind. Thanks again for visiting our site and we hope to see you back often!
Why choose Our Soy Candles?
To us the decision is easy. Although, we are slightly biased since we make the best candle we’ve ever used. Read on for more benefits of soy candles hand-poured by professional chandlers.
- Many candles are made with petroleum based waxes and some use metal or lead core wicks.
- Paraffin is a petroleum based product.
- Soot from paraffin candles is difficult to clean from walls, clothing and furniture.
- Spills from paraffin candles require a solvent for cleanup.
- Some soy candle makers use beans grown in foreign countries such as South America where deforestation is making way for soy plantations.
- We’ve been pouring candles since 2001 and our experience shows.
- are made with a natural soybean wax, cotton core and coreless wicks, and complimented with premium fragrance oils.
- never have additives such as paraffin, vybar or non-vegetable stearic acid.
- are hand-poured and wicked in small batches.
- use quality fragrances and are scented above the industry standard.
- burn longer.
- the fragrance lasts the entire life of the candle.
- burn clean, with little carbon build up (soot).
- any soot deposits can be cleaned with soap and water.
- contain no pesticides or herbicides.
- are biodegradable.
- are made ecologically, striving to use nothing but non-genetically modified soybeans.
- in case of a spill they clean up with soap and hot water.
- are environmentally friendly, promoting the growth and care of the environment by utilizing, a renewable resource.
- are poured into reusable and recyclable glass containers. Even most of our plastic packaging materials are corn based and biodegradable which reduces our carbon footprint.
- use waxes that are made from domestically-grown crops, supporting United States based farmers and our local economy.
We are a proud member of the Made in Montana program. Our raw materials are sourced within the USA and assembled in Montana.